“Step into the Future” is an annual international competition of students’ projects in various fields of study.
Students with disabilities from all over the world are invited to take part in the Competition as well as youth project teams consisting of students which must include at least one participant with a disability. The application for participation should be submitted no later than March 1, 2020 through this web page. The Final of the Competition will be held at the Bauman Moscow State Technical University (Russia) on the 13th of March, 2020.
There is no participation fee. Participating students from abroad are paying for their accommodation and travel expanses by themselves (or their university pays for them). Organisers provide transfer from Moscow airport to a hotel and organise an excursion tour of Moscow city. Also we are planning to have a Winter Camp in Moscow region from the evening of 13th till the midday of 15th of March – the accommodation and food in this camp is free for participants and their teachers.
The Competition means to reach the following:
- Identification and development of creative abilities as well as the interest in research activities among the students;
- Involvement of young people in the research and development activities in various fields of science and art including the field of rehabilitation equipment, and devices for people with disabilities;
- Building of the key competencies, professionally important personal qualities and motivation for the practical use of university knowledge;
- Development of research and design skills in the field of educational and rehabilitation technologies in gifted students and young researchers with disabilities;
- Providing participants with the opportunity to see the works of their peers from other countries as well as the cultural exchange experience;
- Scientific education and focused professional orientation of young people.
In 2020, the Competition is held in 2 nominations:
- “The best project aimed at solving the problems of persons with disabilities”. The projects that ensure an independent lifestyle for people with disabilities in various fields (education, employment, sports, leisure, etc.) are accepted to take part within this nomination. Projects can include: devices for the movement of people with limited mobility, technical means for teaching people with disabilities, technical means for performing labor functions, rehabilitation equipment, devices for working in the remote format, gadgets, applications for PCs and smartphones, technical means of communication, other assistive technologies etc. The project in this nomination should have a Scientific Advisor.
- “The best project in the field of design and contemporary art”. The artistic works in the classical sense (drawing, painting, graphics, etc.) and also works the field of contemporary art and applied design are accepted to take part within this nomination. This stands for multimedia projects, concept designs of devices and mechanisms, interior design, interface design, animation and illustration, communication design, environment design, game design and virtual reality, fashion design, etc. The presence of a Scientific Advisor for projects in this nomination is not necessary.
The detailed information about the Competition, evaluation criteria and all the rules can be found in its Provision. Click here to download it.
To apply for the Competition please fill the form below: